My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Sunday 30 August 2015

Mixed Media Art : War Nurse

Was doing some research for my family tree tonight and was filling in some blanks for my Great Aunt Mary who is 91 and an amazing woman!  

We had a family reunion July gone and she was awarded an Life Time Achievement Award for being the founder and her involvement in School Nurses International  (History of this amazing Organization is in the link if your interested).



At the reunion we got to talking about Mary's brother David who passed a few years ago who was an artist as are alot of the Wright family members - clearly plaint runs in our blood :-)



David did alot of mixed media painting and used family photos in some of his artwork so I had the urge to try some out tonight.

I really don't know how but my inspiration came from this image I saw on google. Looks nothing light it but the rays in background got me thinking spotlights and the thinking bubble I dont know how but made me think of the Barrage balloons.


WW2 inspired mixed media. St.Paul's Cathedral surviving the blitz, spotlights lighting sky looking for planes and my Great Aunt Mary in her nurse uniform during this time.

I am not very good at painting but like to practice. Hopefully Aunt Mary will not mind me using her photo in this.






Thanks for taking the time to look and any comments left xx
Its much appreciated.
Sam xx

No comments: