My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Friday 24 December 2010

Dome Shaker Christmas Card

Its Christmas Eve and I was bored waiting for Santa :-) so I decided to make a card.

I got a Christmas mug/sweet set from a friend at work and it had a circle dome in the top to sit the bag of sweets on and as soon as I saw it dome shaker cards sprang to mind.


I recycled an image from an old Christmas card and a bow which was on a tag. So the only new things used is the cream and red card stock and the patterned holly paper which was in my scraps.


I had a bit of trouble getting the bow to stick had to hold it in place for a good 5mins for the glue to set - should of really got the hot glue out but I couldnt be bothered.


For the shakers inside I used fine glittered embossing powder, light silver glitter and chunky clear embossing crystals. The dome is rather 3D as you can see from the side picture above and this is never going to fit into an envelope and I even tried some card boxes I bought for decoupaged card and it still too big for that - ths would have to be a hand delivered card!!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: